- Current, unrestricted NP license the State where this position is located or ability to obtain
- Certification as a GNP, ANP, ACNP or FNP or ability to obtain
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong supervisory, management and leadership skills, with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics and chronic illness
- 5 years of Nurse Practitioner experience plus 2 years of management or leadership experience
- Strong business acumen including analysis and business planning experience
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining internal and external client relationships with healthcare professionals, (DONs, administrators, MDs, RNs, etc)
- Prior management / supervisory experience
- Prior long term NP experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Essex County, NJ, New Jersey